Are you the eldest at home? I’m sure you would have gone through so many processes. It is always that you are associated with wrong doings and your younger siblings with right or the vice versa. Most of you fall in the former category. Read through the post about all those processes and have fun.
- You are expected to be mature and behave like a grown-up right from your 5th grade when your younger sibling is still immature at 20 years of age. You hear the comments from your parents that your younger one is still young and will take time to mature and you are left to think “Grrr….What the hell? did I get old at the age of 15?”. For more light on this grown-up thought, visit this post on one of my favorite blogs.
- You learn all by yourself (You do not ask for help in the first place – as called later) and you are expected to teach your younger sibling when he/she goes through the same. You would definitely feel “What the hell? He/She must learn life. One would learn life only by experience. I will guide him/her, but not spoon feed.”
- The parents of your about-to-join-college neighbors and relatives would always ask your suggestion on colleges to join. (What the hell? It is so long since I passed out. I’m out dated about all these. Why don’t you ask my younger sibling or my younger cousins.)
- If both of you and your younger sibling are in the same school and if a teacher who handles one of your subjects happen to handle your sister as well and to make matters worse, if you are poorer at studies than your younger sibling, then you are left to hear comments like “Look at your handwriting and compare it with your sister’s. No wonder why she scores more. “, “Why on earth do you write like this? I require a special glass to read your paper. Why don’t you write like your sister?”. You should still manage to smile and say why on earth do you compare me with my sister. She can’t paint like I do. It becomes even more horrible when you are identified as a brother/sister of you younger sibling. (Yeah, I do agree that I was poorer at studies for most part of my school life and was always known as my sister’s brother for most part of my school life. But then I got better and reversed it all. By the time I passed out, I was Loganathan and my sister was MY SISTER)
- When both of you receive letters from your respective colleges on the same day and your younger sibling receives both the letters and starts comparing. Your younger sibling is sure to shout on top of his/her voice – “Mom, I take off very often and I’ve still managed 90% attendance and brother goes to college everyday and have managed only 58%”. You are left with the thought – “OMG!! Why did the postman give my letter to my sister? How do I tell mom that I’ve never attended 1st two hours in my college life?” and finally end up cooking up stories with NSS, Ods.
There are a lot more. Let’s have the discussion rolling in the comments section